Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rudai 23

I actually started off as a primary teacher and still like to stay in touch with this by tutoring and sitting on Governor commitees of a local primary school. Children's love of reading and learning, and the education of the whole child are fundamental to my heart and lead me to outdoor education and then on to the library! Not a straightforward route perhaps but one that strangely seems to make sense. I have spent the last few months taking school assemblies to talk about the Summer Reading Challenge, and this summer is full of children's crafts and activities as well as regular library work.
I really enjoy what I do but do worry about the low importance of public and school libraries on the political agenda as I do think that libraries play a vital role in the lives of children and adults in their local communities.

1 comment: